At the heart of the PARC lies the ever-evolving Sensory Garden with benches, flowers, spring bulbs, a bog garden, a woven willow hedge, fruit trees, a summerhouse and some stunning views.
Volunteers have been developing the Sensory Garden since 2021 and we now have:
- over 350 trees – including fruit trees
- 6 benches with a trellis of scented climbers
- 2 picnic tables
- a summerhouse with water capture and storage
- a bog garden
- a wildlife area made by KLB Horticultural Group
- a woven willow hedge made by Volunteers
- 2 sturdy mud kitchens made by Mens Sheds
- a soft fruit garden
- a snowdrop trail
and we plan to add:
- accessible pathways
- a checker board patio of brick, slab, gravel, plant and a fire pit
- a wildlife pond
- raised beds for flowers and vegetables
- a willow tunnel and dens
- a water stand pipe
And eventually we plan to develop on through to a children’s playground just next door.
We work in the Garden every Wednesday morning from 9.30 to 12.30, so do come and join us if you can.